Travelling with a child
Posted on Tue 20th December 2016 4.51PM Notarial

I have said before that a parent travelling abroad with a child without the other parent needs to obtain the absent parent's written consent.

Just recently a South American airline refused to allow a mother and child to board because the mother did not have a written notarised consent. This was despite the fact that the father was there and willing to give a signed consent. That was not good enough!

To be safe, you should ensure that you have both a notarised consent from the parent not travelling plus the child's birth certificate. If you are separated or divorced from the other parent then, unless they will cooperate, you will need a court order confirming your right to remove the child from the UK.


Leave comment below
Your name
Your comment
Confirmation code