Consent to travel
Posted on Mon 14th May 2018 12.15PM Notarial

This issue continues to come up. To safely send your child abroad without both parents you need as a minimum a notarised consent to travel signed by each parent who is not travelling. If that is not possible then a statutory declaration attaching any written consent in another form, e.g. email, should be provided.

The child should also travel with an original (not photocopy) of his or her birth certificate and of course passport.

If you choose to get this done by a solicitor as opposed to a notary public prepare to be turned back at the airport, as has recently happened to two clients I have seen.


Leave comment below
Your name
Your comment
Confirmation code